ULGARD album delayed but a new EP for free

Due to technical issues with his sequencer software, the album announced here within a teaser by ULGARD is delayed. However, the band released one free EP for all the fans waiting on the album.  This EP is focused Folk/Ambient/orchestral and includes tracks recorded over the years and two covers.

I asked the band more details regarding this EP that you can get for free on Bandcamp, and the tracks there; ULGARD replied me the following:

Yggdrasil - I wrote this song during a time when I was young and went hiking with my friends in the Appalachians. We found an abandoned trail, and took that. It led us up very far, and once we got to the top. We saw endless nature, mountains, and earth. It was so inspiring to me. 

The Sanctuary in the Stars - It is inspired every time I look upon the moon, the stars, and think of the many children (Planets) a star may hold. It is also how we deeply depend on a star, and how it gives us the beautiful life each one of us has to this day. 

The Wandering Waves - This is the more ambient aspect of my music. I have a deep fascination with the unexplored. We know so little of our ocean. We know more about the surface of Mars, than we do what is below our feet. I was inspired to write this when I camped on a beach, staring at the vast ocean and thinking of the many mysteries it beholds. 

The Dying Glare - This song is about mens end. When people write of death it is seen as dark, evil, black, etc. Many metal bands like to emphasize death, but in that process make it a negative thing. I like to think of death as a passing from suffering. Though it is meant to be hard and difficult for everyone, in the end the one who dies is at final peace where they can't be disturbed. The ending I used a music box, which many infants listen to. This is merely meant to mean that when one life passes, another will take it's place.

Comments

Post a Comment